Skip to main content

Necklace Length Guides

Here are some of my go-to necklace guides. You want to have necklaces that work with specific necklines, and ideally give you lots of options for layering necklaces together.

From shortest to longest, necklace lengths are: collar, choker, princess, matinee, opera and rope.




Guide to necklace lengths



photo credit: www.mixnmatch-hk.com







Popular posts from this blog

How to tell if a Coach Bag is Authentic

I've been wanting to write this post for a long time. I got my first coach bag in the 1970s, and acquired 2 to 3 bags every year since. For me, getting a Coach bag was akin to getting a special treasure. Five decades of beautiful Coach bags: vintage to current! This year I began posting my Coach bags on Poshmark. The first few bags were agonizing to part with. Agonizing! Each has a memory: a special occasion, a fav outfit.. But I've since received really nice feedback from Poshers about my bags. It now makes me feel great to know my bags are going to fashionistas who appreciate them. As I listed my Coach bags on Poshmark, along the way I received lots of questions about Coach bags. Far and away, the most recurring questions concerned authenticity. "How can I tell if [this] bag is authentic?" For example, here's a question I recently received: knicasio  Since you have been collecting Coach bags for such a long time, perhaps you could offer some advice on ...

Pearl Pendant Necklaces

Baroque Pearl Pendant Necklaces How to select a pearl pendant necklace. It's easier than you think!  What's Your Style?  Choose a Chain  Pick a Pearl  Style: classic, romantic, sexy  Classic:  lowest profile pendant drop with large and jumbo sized pearls. Pair with your preferred chain length. Most versatile. Layers well with long or short necklaces, with beads or chains. Or wear alone as a statement piece.  Romantic:  medium length Y pendant, with 1 to 1.5  inch pendant drop. This style works with any size pearl. Pair with chains in 16, 18 or 20 inches. Layer with dainty chokers and longer necklaces in beads or chains.   Sexy:  long length Y pendant, with 2 to 3 inch pendant drop. This style works best with any size pearl. Pair with chains in 16 or 18 inches. Suitable for plunging necklines.      Chain Types 925 sterling silver box chain (style: classic )  925 sterling silver cable chain (styles: classic, r...

Bridal Jewelry

When I got married, I found it overwhelming and difficult to choose jewelry to go with my wedding dress. I knew that wedding jewelry is important, a key part of a bride's look. But I didn't know how to choose.  My engagement and wedding rings would be worn every day, and investing in nice pieces made sense. But bridal jewelry is usually worn just once. I wanted well-crafted jewelry that looked beautiful and didn't cost a fortune.  In my Poshmark closet (my Poshmark closet is @rivergirl35 - shameless plug!) I specialize in jewelry. In the past couple of years I've learned a lot about styling jewelry.  This post is about what I wish I'd known when choosing jewelry for my own bridal outfit when I got married.  Everyone will say that the most important factor in choosing jewelry is your neckline. That is absolutely true. Always, start with the neckline.  Next, everyone will tell you that less is more. In that thread of logic, the standard advice ...